Aaron Cohen is an Adobe certified digital multimedia professional with skills ranging from video and film production, to photography, layout and design, and motion graphics.
Currently working on the project of a lifetime as a Production Artist at the Canadian Museum for Human Rights, Aaron is part of the team building the digital assets for the exhibits in the state-of-the-art national museum.
Along with his work at the CMHR, he provides various photography and video production services including commercials, promotional videos, and internal corporate video. His clients include The Kidney Foundation of Canada, The Fort Garry Hotel, Corus Radio Winnipeg (Power 97, 991 Fresh FM, and 680 CJOB), as well as Red River College and independent firms DomTek Building Products and HD Petroleum.
As an Adobe Certified Expert in Photoshop, he more than knows his way around the industry standard image-editing tool. Photoshop is an integral part of almost any media workflow, and this expertise flows with the rest of Adobe’s Creative Suite. Along with Photoshop, he is also a professional video editor with compositing experience with Adobe Premiere and After Effects, including Colour Grading and Correction with SpeedGrade. Aaron is well versed with digital and print design with InDesign, and Illustrator. He is also proficient with DVD/Blu-Ray Authoring and Dolby 5.1 Surround Audio Mastering and restoration with Audition and Encore.
While Aaron has shifted to an Adobe-based workflow, he is still well versed in the Final Cut 7 suite including DVD Studio Pro and Soundtrack Pro, as well as Harris Broadcast systems.
In an effort to create accessible media, Aaron has been certified to create Closed Captioning and Descriptive audio through post-production work.
Aaron's previous time at Manitoba's #1 Newscast, CTV News at 6 gave him experience in almost every aspect of studio production in a live, professional news and production setting, including camera work, lighting and audio.
Aaron's passion for digital multimedia reaches far beyond a professional level and defines him as a creative person. He is always looking to advance his skill set by incorporating the latest technologies into every project.
Combined with hands-on training from industry professionals at Red River College in the Creative Communications program - where students are held to the same high standards required of professional workplaces – he has the skills and experience to thrive in an ever-changing industry.
Aaron is a highly motivated individual who takes on challenges and is known for his knowledge of computers and technology. Friendly and easy-going, he makes the best of every situation and stays focused and on target from the beginning to end of each project.
- Adobe Certified Expert: Photoshop
- Bilingual (English & French)
- Proficient non-linear video editor using Adobe Premiere and Final Cut Pro suites
- Compositing experience using Adobe After Effects
- Colour Grading and Correction with SpeedGrade
- Proficient layout designer using Adobe InDesign, and Illustrator
- Proficient operator of BETA, DV, HDV, NX, DSLR and XD video equipment
- Certified in post-production Closed Captioning and Descriptive Audio
- Experienced in professional production including lighting, camera, and audio
- Experience with live professional broadcast production
- Proficient 5.1 Surround audio mixer using Adobe Audition and Soundtrack Pro
- Experience with DVD authoring (Adobe Encore and DVD Studio Pro)
- Proficient in Windows and MacOS platforms
- Experience with scripting and story boarding
- Proficient using Microsoft Office and Apple iWork office suites
- Experience with HTML and Adobe Dreamweaver
- Experience with Avid iNews and KLZ newsroom software
What He Does
Visit the services page and use the sidebar to navigate some examples of Aaron's work including;
- Television News
- Corporate Video
- Digital Compositing
- Audio Mixing and Mastering (Dolby 5.1 Surround)
- DVD/Blu-Ray Authoring
- Layout & Design
- Short Films
Thanks for visiting!